Marketing Operations Intern
May 2018 – August 2018
– Supported the Director of Marketing Operations with in-season execution as it relates to promotional activity for digital and stores, brand calendars, special projects, and in-store marketing.
– Managed PINK’s marketing-at-a-glance recap through close partnership with Design, Traffic, Digital, and Marketing partners; recap distributed weekly to 600 PINK Associates under the supervision of the Marketing Operations Coordinator.
– Proposed process enhancements through development of omni-channel marketing view to the SVP of Marketing; recommended template to be adopted in Fall 2018 and utilized by Senior Leaders on a weekly basis go-forward.
“PINK Marketing Ops Final Presentation” available upon request.
– Supported lead corporate philanthropy as a contributing member of the VSL Pelotonia Committee; assisted LBrands in maintaining title of largest donor and raised over $4,000 having launched off-site social fundraiser and first ever weekly mobile snack cart (featuring solicited donations from local vendors) at the VS corporate home office.
“Pelotonia Recap Deck” available upon request.
Key Experience Areas: Project Management, Strategy and Operations, Corporate Philanthropy
Was fortuned with the opportunity to oversee Caroline for the duration of her 2018 summer internship at LBrands Corporate Headquarters in Columbus, Ohio. Caroline went above and beyond expectations in every aspect of her role as Marketing Operations Intern. From co-managing business sensitive documents that were shared with our executive leadership team to overseeing philanthropic initiatives for the enterprise, Caroline excelled at taking ownership of projects and contributing at the highest level with attentiveness to strict deadlines.
As Caroline’s manager, I was fortuned with working with her 1:1. During the three-months as her supervisor, I was continuously impressed with her ability to ask the right questions and her commitment to understanding and developing within the organization. Cross-functional partners alike, (including Merchants with focus on product research and Business Operation Partners with focus on day-to-day execution of offer activity) were highly complimentary of her contributions and performance, often noting her as one of the strongest intern performers that the PINK business has had in recent years. I look forward to Caroline entering the work force in May 2019; she will be a great addition to any team she is a part of! Selfishly I hope and wish to have her as a direct report in the future. Her positive energy, enthusiasm, and people skills are unmatched.– Lindsey Casella, Former Manager & Marketing Operations Coordinator at Victoria’s Secret PINK
Campus Representative Recruiter
– Successfully used knowledge obtained from participation and outstanding performance to identify, screen, interview, and select the 2018-2019 class of Campus Reps, which consists of 200+ collegiate women from 110 colleges in the US and Canada.
– Utilized digital software to organize candidates, review supplemental material, schedule interview rounds, and extend offers.
Key Experience Areas: Brand Recruitment
Campus Representative for Grand Valley State University
May 2016 – May 2018
– Maintained brand presence on collegiate campus by growing awareness through executing 8-10 product-specific events and utilizing four social media outlets.
– Increased digital following by creating assets and engaging through contests and incentives.
– Worked closely with local Victoria’s Secret PINK store to generate store traffic, promote new product launches, and drive student presence.
– Hired and managed 8-12 team members to support marketing and event execution for PINK initiatives by designing and implementing a recruitment process.
– Awarded with a performance-based incentive trip twice out of 110 schools.
Key Experience Areas: Experiential Marketing, Brand Marketing, Social Media, Project Management, Strategy